Migraine & Headache Treatment In Cape Coral
At Midpoint Chiropractic Center, we take migraines and headaches very seriously. We know these conditions are often debilitating and chronic, especially if the cause isn’t clear. We also know you need more than just short-term relief. Instead of providing temporary solutions to relieve your pain, our Cape Coral chiropractor uses all-natural chiropractic treatment methods to identify and target the sources of headaches and migraines. Our goal is to help manage or relieve your symptoms while preventing the pain from coming back again. But first, we need to know more about your pain.
Understanding Different Types of Headaches & Migraines
Chiropractic care always starts with a thorough examination and diagnosis to identify the nature of your problem. Most headaches fall into one of these categories, which will tell us more about the best way to treat yours:
- Tension Headaches – Often linked to muscle strain or stress, tension headaches are usually recurring and cause feelings of pressure, tightness, and tenderness in the skin and muscles, along with a constant, dull aching sensation
- Cluster Headaches – If you get brief but excruciating headaches every once in a while, you may suffer from cluster headaches, which are common and often involve intense pain behind one eye or on one side of the head
- Migraines – Not merely an intense headache, a migraine is a unique and severe condition that comes with its own set of symptoms, including visual auras, nausea, localized pain in one part of the head, and extreme sensitivity to light and noise
Common Causes of Headaches & Migraines
Cluster headaches, tension headaches, and migraines have many different triggers. However, your symptoms and information about your daily routine will make it easier to pinpoint the possible source(s) of yours. During your chiropractic consultation, we’ll explore some of the following factors, which could all cause headaches or make them worse:
- Lack of sleep
- Poor posture
- Poor ergonomics at work
- Spinal misalignment
- Inflammation in head and neck (due to injury, stress, etc.)
- Hormonal changes
- Nutritional changes or deficiencies
Once your chiropractor understands more about your headache triggers, he can get started on a custom headache treatment plan.
Chiropractic Treatment Options for Headaches & Migraines
Chiropractic care already focuses on addressing the root causes of pain, so it’s a popular solution for long-term headache relief. For example, if you have tension headaches or migraines linked to poor posture or tension, your treatment plan may include chiropractic adjustments to realign your spine and loosen tense muscle tissue. Your chiropractor may also suggest lifestyle and nutrition changes to prevent your headaches from recurring.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Cape Coral Chiropractor
Are you living with migraine or headache pain? Call (239) 542-7000 to make an appointment with our Cape Coral chiropractor today.