Shoulder Pain Treatment In Cape Coral, FL
At Midpoint Chiropractic Center, our Cape Coral chiropractor team meets individuals of all ages who struggle with shoulder pain. Whether work-related, sports-related, or caused by something else entirely, we can help you get to the bottom of your shoulder dysfunction so your relief is both effective and enduring.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
Among our patients, we frequently diagnose the following conditions:
- Shoulder Dislocation – abnormal position of the humeral head in the joint space; even when “back in place” the shoulder may be more at risk for re-dislocating due to scarring and tissue weakness
- Shoulder Bursitis – inflammation of a fluid filled sac near the shoulder (bursae typically reduce friction between tendons and bones)
- Adhesive Capsulitis (Frozen Shoulder) – progressively decreasing shoulder range of motion
- Rotator Cuff Strains and Tears – micro tears and damage to the muscle fibers on any side of the shoulder
- Tendonitis – inflammation and damage to the tendons in the shoulder (e.g., biceps)
- Osteoarthritis – inflammation and breakdown of the cartilage surfaces within the shoulder joint
Why do These Conditions Occur?
- Repetitive movement, especially overhead
- Over-training (especially in sports like gymnastics, weightlifting, swimming, and baseball)
- Shoulder trauma (e.g., falls, direct blows, seatbelt injury)
- Poor and prolonged posture (which strains and weakens shoulder muscles, and exacerbates postural imbalances and mobility restrictions)
- Illness or infection affecting the shoulder (e.g., radiation, septic arthritis)
How Our Chiropractor in Cape Coral Helps People with Shoulder Pain
Working with a chiropractor in Cape Coral for your shoulder pain allows you to experience a holistic approach to your wellness. With us, you’re not just a diagnosis nor a collection of symptoms which need to be “fixed”—you’re a complex physiological and psychological system who deserves individualized care and natural solutions working with your body, not against it.
Here are a few common services for our patients with shoulder pain:
- Massage therapy stimulates blood flow to the injured shoulder to improve healing and reduce tension
- Spinal adjustments restores the way the shoulder interacts with the spine for better alignment and pain relief
- Cold laser therapy facilitates pain relief and increased cellular repair and tissue resynthesis
- Corrective exercises help strengthen and heal the rotator cuff muscles